Saturday, September 4, 2010

POWDERED SUGAR COOKIES

I guess we heart powdered sugar. As I was cleaning out my pantry and cupboards this week I found 5 opened and 2 unopened bags! Drew loves sugar cookies, so I went on the hunt to find a recipe that used powered sugar and came up with this one. I used a teaspoon to make balls and they came out bigger than the inch suggested below. It will make 2 dozen-ish depending on how much dough is eaten!



1/2 lb. butter, softened
1 c. confectioners' sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla or other flavoring
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter until light and fluffy, stirring in sugar gradually. Add egg and vanilla or other flavoring.
Combine flour and baking soda until well mixed. Stir into creamed mixture.

Shape into 1 inch balls and arrange 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Press each ball down with the tines of a fork.

Bake for about 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment