Monday, February 14, 2011

Mandarin Orange Cake

I can't believe I've never posted this recipe, it's one of my all times favorites! I had it at my favorite Tearoom years ago and immediately tried to recreate it.

For the cake:
1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Yellow Cake Mix
1 can (14 Oz. Can) Mandarin Oranges, Juice Reserved
eggs
oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Follow the cakes mix instruction for eggs,oil and water. I substitute the juice from the oranges for the water. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and juice from the mandarin oranges, add water if maderain juice is not enough. Beat until incorporated. Add drained oranges and beat again until pieces are broken up and small. Pour batter into greased cake pan, 9 x 13 inch baking pan or cupcake pan. Bake according to box instructions. Remove from oven and cool completely

For the topping
:
1 package (4 Oz. Box) Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
1 can (20 Oz. Can) Crushed Pineapple, drained
8 ounces Cool Whip
Extra Mandarin Orange Slices, For Garnish

Once cake is cool, mix pineapples, vanilla pudding and cool whip together. Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate several hours-if you can. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment